Where to find help

Please be cautious when accepting offers to help and especially if you are allowing people inside your home. You can do this by checking whether the charity is a registered charity or verifying the identity of the volunteer.

If you are looking for some help or support, please check the below links.

Watford Borough Council.......
Phone: 01923 278503

Watford’s local authority.

Hertfordshire Independent Living Service (HILS)
Phone: 0330 2000 103

Provides a range of services to help older and vulnerable people stay happy, healthy, and independent.

Herts Mind Network
Call 0203 727 3600

If you are feeling distressed or have concerns for your wellbeing and need to talk to someone, contact your GP or visit Herts Mind Network for contact numbers.

NHS 111
Call 111

If you have symptoms of coronavirus (a high temperature or a new, continuous cough), use the online coronavirus service. If you are unable to get help online and need urgent medical help, call 111. 

Three Rivers District Council
Call 01923 776611

Three Rivers local authority. For support from Three Rivers Council including support on Food, Essential supplies or Wellbeing

Watford Food Bank
Phone: 01923 804435

Helps individuals and families in crisis by providing free emergency food as well as support until the appropriate agencies are in a position to assist.

Herts Help
Phone: 0300 123 4044

A network of community organisations in Hertfordshire working together.


Call 999

In a life-threatening emergency, always call 999